Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Full of of Netiquette

 Our teacher told us to make an essay on why are we a responsible netizen. At first, I told myself , "what is a netizen?" So, I searched the internet to what is a netizen. I found out that the word netizen came from the words "internet" and "citizen" which means persons who are actively involved in online communities.
 So since I am an active member of the "online community", I am considered as a netizen. But why am I a responsible netizen? And more importantly, what are the characteristics of a responsible netizen?
  I can honestly say i'm a responsible netizen because I'm not "contaminating" the cyber world. Contaminating meaning i don't say things or do stuffs that can or will embarrass me in the whole wide world. For instance, I don't make fun of my enemy's photos or say bad words because I know everybody will see it and I certainly am not a hacker! Imagine the humiliation you are going to have when the whole world sees what horrible things you have done in social networking sites such as facebook, friendster, twitter and many more. Harsh right? Sure a lot people are doing those things but do you have to be one of them?
  Being a netizen is cool, no doubt, but like any other thing in the world there are limitations. You can't always  do what you want right? So just an advice, do what you want in the cyber world but think of what you're going to do a thousand times before doing it.

Lovelots!

No comments:

Post a Comment